Technical and Regulatory Studies
Aviation safety and compliance of facilities and operations with regulations are the primary issues of air transport. OCTANT Aviation has a team of seasoned experts who master the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) and the Aerodrome Standards and Recommended Practices (TP 312, 5th edition).
Our team is thus equipped to help airports audit their infrastructure, establish emergency protocols, implement and audit Safety Management Systems (SMS), etc.
Always on the search for innovative solutions, OCTANT Aviation has recently developed AKILA, a web application that simplifies airport operations and Safety Management Systems (SMS).
- Safety Management Systems: SMS implementation, quality assurance audit, SMS training, corrective action plan support
- AKILA, a web tool for SMS management and airport operations
- Manuel drafting : operations manual, Emergency Response Plans (ERP), training, and full scale and table top exercises, SMS manual
- Assessing regulatory compliance
- Technical audit of infrastructure (TP312 compliance study)
- UNICOM audit
Air Service Management
Empowered by a permanent team of flight dispatchers, booking agents and operations experts available on a 24/7 basis, OCTANT Aviation manages flight operations from A to Z for air transport users (mining companies with remote operating sites, health agencies in charge of medical evacuations). OCTANT Aviation’s experts are involved in the negotiation of contracts with the carriers, as well as the follow-up and daily management of the contract.
- Needs analysis (routes, frequency, aircraft type, etc.)
- Cost analysis of different options (aircraft purchase, charters, purchase of seats on commercial flights)
- Contract negotiation with carriers
- Carrier audit
- Implementation and follow-up of contracts through performance indicator analysis
- Monitoring, control and verification of services
- Daily operational management of “fly-in / fly-out” flights
- Medical evacuation management (MEDEVAC)
Organization and Business Strategy
The players in the air transport industry operate in a heavily regulated, highly competitive environment where customer expectations and environmental constraints are constantly rising. OCTANT Aviation’s experts provide support to carriers and airports by analyzing their situation, defining suitable business strategies, and mobilizing the necessary parties to ensure their projects’ success.
- Market research and competitive analysis
- Development plan and strategic plan
- Business plan (launch of a new air route, purchase of an aircraft)
- Stakeholder consultation and mobilization
- Analysis and reorganization of airport governance (management models)
- Identification of public funding at the federal and provincial levels and support in bid applications
A shortage of skilled labor poses challenges to airport managers, especially in the North.
OCTANT Aviation helps airport operators recruit and train personnel. We also have a team of managers and operations officers who can take charge of airport operations on a short or long-term basis.
- Provision of air traffic controllers
- Provision of station managers
- Provision of heavy equipment operators for runway maintenance
- Selection and recruitment of personnel
- Akila : support on operations and SMS
OCTANT Aviation’s experts work alongside airports in their growth projects and development planning. To do this, OCTANT Aviation gathers the necessary skills, notably by associating with leading engineering firms to carry out the various steps of airport planning. OCTANT Aviation provides a clear 360 degree vision by bringing together all the competences required when planning a project.
- Master plan
- Feasibility study and budget estimation
- Infrastructural and building audit
- Regulatory compliance analysis (TP 312, 5th edition)
- Investment plans and public funding application
- Instrument procedures’ assessment
- Plan of Construction Operations (PCO) & Aviation Safety Surveillance during construction